Suffice to say, back-to-school shopping is looking a lot different this year.
Whether your child is heading back to the classroom, learning online from home, or a combination of both, he or she will likely need a new mixture of clothes, supplies, and tech.
A recent survey by Deloitte, a multinational professional services network, showed that parents are still looking to spend the same amount on back-to-school as they did last year ($529 per household), but what they’re buying has significantly changed.
Consider some of the findings:
- 40% of parents expect to buy fewer traditional school supplies
- Technology spending is predicted to increase by 28%, offsetting a reduction in apparel (down 17% from 2019)
- 51% of parents plan to increase their spending on virtual learning tools
- Parents expect to spend 37% of their budget online, up from 29% in 2019
- Parents are seeking contactless shopping with nearly one-half of shoppers seeking out BOPIS (buy online pick up in store)
- 64% plan to shop for the new school year from their personal computer
Plus, when you factor in the economic impacts of the pandemic, it’s clear that more Americans than ever are looking to shop and save from home.
Remember, Green Back Street remains your home for cash back online shopping at more than 1,400 online stores. Get that back-to-school shopping done from home and get it with cash back here.